A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the member, community and transaction features on our website;
(3) to improve the website’s usability;
(4) to prevent fraud and improve the security of the website;
(5) to personalise our website for you, including targeting content which may be of particular interest to you.
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our service providers (Twitter, Facebook) may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) to track your browser across multiple websites;
(2) to build a profile of your web surfing;
(3) to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
In addition, we use Google Analytics and Webtrends to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics and Webtrends generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google and Webtrends will store this information.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website and its subdomains.
We will send to you some or all of the following cookies depending whether you are logged in and which sections of our website(s) you visit:
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to access member content and advice, book events, purchase products, manage your membership or participate in community features on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Hillbrook Dental Health Centre
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone to 01214495656 or by post to 286 Ladypool Road, Balsall Heath, Birmingham, B12 8JU
This Policy was reviewed 27th March 2019
Next Review is due 20th March 2020